The Training Instructor works under the guidance of the Head of Training Unit. Depending on experience, particular duties include:
- Participating in the delivery of the annual training programme within the established timetable.
- Research, compile and update training material and courses as directed by the Head of Training;
- Provide a description of course content, presentation requirements and materials for each course developed;
- Produce course materials for presentation and to update the Training Knowledge Database;
- Present courses as the primary or supporting instructor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least three years operational experience in Geospatial analysis;
- Experience of digital imagery processing and analysis, using optical and/or non-optical sensors;
- Experience of imagery analysis for security, defence or non-proliferation issues would be an advantage;
- Excellent practical knowledge of GIS software (ERDAS and ESRI ArcGis preferable);
- Recognized experience, of at least two years, as an instructor in any of the above mentioned topics (geospatial preferable);
- Thorough knowledge of one E.U. language and a very good knowledge of English;
- A working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- E.U. member state nationality.
The possession of security clearance to at least SECRET UE or equivalent. In case the successful candidate is not in possession of a clearance, the SATCEN will undertake to request this clearance.
- Seconded National Experts are governed by Article 36 the SatCen Staff Regulations and the SatCen Board decision of 18 July 2007.
They remain in the service of their employer throughout the period of secondment and shall continue to be paid by that employer.
Appointments are made for the duration of 6 months to 3 years, with possibility of renewal for a total period not exceeding 4 years.
The Seconded National Expert will be entitled to a daily subsistence allowance of 75 €.
A driving licence is recommended as SATCEN is on an air force base outside Madrid.
The successful candidate will be required to take his / her duties during 2013/2014; the starting date will be mutually agreed between both parties.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
In order to be considered valid, applications have to be submitted to the Centre via the Permanent Representation of the Member State concerned to the following address (European Union Satellite Centre, Apartado de correos nº 511, 28850 Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid – SPAIN), and include the following documents:
A letter from their employer certifying that, if the candidate is selected, they will agree to the secondment under the conditions laid out in the above-mentioned decision of the SATCEN Board.
The SATCEN Application Form;
A detailed curriculum vitae. Candidates should preferably use the Europass Curriculum Vitae (CV) which may be downloaded from the CEDEFOP website (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including a recent passport photograph;
A cover letter of one page maximum.
Download the Application form.
Documentation available here.
Blog de Empleo, Formación y Recursos Humanos en Cantabria, más info: www.santiagosaroortiz.com